There are a lot of museums in our school.
We want to introduce them all.
- Museum of Russian Language
- Three Wars Museum
- Cuba Museum
- Armenian Museum
- Museum of Sergei Yesenin
- Museum “My native Land is Novo-Peredelkino”
We want to introduce them all.
- Museum of Russian Language was organized in 2007 upon the initiative of the group of teachers who aimed to cultivate patriotic feelings in their students through their introduction into the history of Russian language as spiritual inheritance of Russian people.
- Three Wars Museum was inaugurated in our school on the 27th of December 2011 to mark the 70th anniversary of the Battle for Moscow in 1941. The exposition of the museum illustrates the history of Afghanistan and Chechen campaigns of Russian Army as well as its victory in World War II. War Veterans are among frequent and honorary guests of the museum.
- Cuba Museum was organized in our school in 2009 as a creative learning centre with an exposition on the history of the Republic of Cuba, its culture and traditions, literature and arts. Among the exhibits of the museum are gifts from the Embassy of Cuba, Russian-Cuban Friendship Society, Spanish Club of the Moscow State University, students and their parents. The museum aims to introduce children into the world of Latin American people as native-speakers of Spanish language.
- Armenian Museum was inaugurated in our school as a historical and cultural centre displaying materials on Armenian National Art and Culture. The idea of the museum is to help children take their pride in their National Culture as well as have respect to the culture of other nations. Among the honorary visitors of the museum are Lyudmila Putina, Russian President’s wife, and the First Lady of Armenia, Bella Kocharyan.
- Museum of Sergei Yesenin. Sergei Yesenin is a great Russian poet whose world perception deeps into roots of traditional Russian mentality, Russian history and culture. That’s why in 1999 teachers, students and parents began to collect materials to organize a museum named after him. At the opening ceremony in 2000 all the students recited Yesenin’s poetry and each of them was sure that he found something intimate in his lines. So far the museum has became a popular venue where different literary evenings, poetry contests, folk festivals are traditionally held.
- Museum “My native Land is Novo-Peredelkino” is a kind of a local lore museum containing a lot of information about such famous historical site as Peredelkino. At the exposition you get to know history and geography of our neighbourhood, names of its former villages whose traces are kept in the names of our streets, destiny of its architectural landmarks as Church of Transfiguration in Peredelkino, Chapel of Metropolitan Philip etc,.
- Greece Museum is one of the youngest in our school. It was inaugurated on May 12, 2009. And we are very proud of the fact then we could fulfill an idea to organize a museum of the country that greatly contributed to the European culture. A great deal of the exposition is devoted to the period of Ancient Greece. But for Russian people Greece is not only a cradle of civilization but a spiritually closed country as we have a common belief, Orthodoxy.